Friday, December 9, 2011

A little OT

Dear family and friends –

If you would have told me a year ago that I would be a runner, I would have told you that you were crazy! I would have thought you were even crazier if you would have told me I have signed up for not one but two runs! 

In January, I will be joining a group of friends at EPCOT to run in a 5k during Disney’s marathon weekend. In February, my family will be joining me for the Princess Half Marathon Weekend Royal Family 5k. 

Why, you ask? That’s easy! In addition to combining two of my greatest passions (Disney and kids), it’s for a good cause!

I am running in support of The Dream Team Project, which raises money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of America. 

The number one wish of the seriously ill children that Make-A-Wish serves is to visit Walt Disney World. It is the goal of The Dream Team Project to help those wishes come true, so that a family can have some happy memories during a difficult time. 

According to the Make A Wish Website, the average cost of granting a wish to Disney is $3,900. Since its inception, The Dream Team Project has raised over $200,000 – that’s enough to make over 50 Wishes come true! Today, the WDW Radio Running Team is over 100 members strong proudly wearing our team colors (blue and white) while raising donations for the Dream Team Project benefiting Make A Wish.

As a member of the WDW Radio Running Team, I have committed to raising $100 for the Make A Wish Foundation. 

If you are able to, please sponsor me and the Dream Team! Any amount will be greatly appreciated! Every little bit helps!

If you can donate, please visit 

http://friends.wish.org/100-100/page/Lou-Mongello/The-Dream-Team.htm 

There, you can make your donation directly to Make-A-Wish and print off a receipt for tax purposes.

In the notes area please indicate "WDW Radio Running Team sponsoring Katie McNamara”

Thanks! 
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment